Welcome to 4th grade! My name is Laura Koch, and I will be your child’s math teacher this year. I wanted to give you some basic information that will make the school year go by smoothly.
- My email address: email@example.com *This is the easiest way to communicate with me. Feel free to email anytime. I will respond within 48 hours, but usually sooner.
- *I update my webpage weekly. I aim to have the following week’s plans on the site by Friday afternoon for those students who like to get ahead.
- YouTube: “Mr. Kung has problems” is a great resource for homework help.
- We use a clear plastic sheet protector AND an Expo marker on a DAILY basis. PLEASE always make sure that your child has a working Expo marker and a clear sheet protector. These are the ESSENTIAL, NON-NEGOTIABLE supplies needed in this class everyday.
- I assign math homework pretty much every night, but Friday. Please work with your child if possible.
- I try my best to send home between 1-2 extra credit assignments each quarter. I grade extra credit for accuracy and will then determine how to add extra points to averages. I will NOT accept any extra credit that is turned in late. I will also NOT accept extra credit from students who have several outstanding assignments.
- STUDY GUIDES: I ALWAYS send home a study guide several days before an assessment. Studying is a relatively new habit for 4th graders. Please make sure you work together at home to build good studying habits. Because I send home study guides that are very similar to the actual test, I will not accept corrections to assessments or allow retakes.
- Math Facts: Timed multiplication quizzes are taken every Friday. (2 min.)
- Check PowerSchool often to check your child’s average. I will send home graded papers via Wednesday work folders. However, students can sometimes forget work folders at school or papers get misplaced in transit from school to home. PowerSchool is a great back up!