Please see below for important documents
It is that time of year again! Time to register for the next school year . . .
Current SCS students ARE required to register this year and registration opens on Monday, 4/12. Parents can easily do this in PowerSchool (this is the same place you registered this year, chose your learning option, and check grades).
Registration will include:
- Home address, parent/guardian phone numbers & email addresses
- Emergency contact information
- Student health information
- Consent for photos & filming
- Personal data sharing preferences
A few Notes:
- If your child previously attended SCS, but his/her most recent school was not an SCS school, he/she is still considered a returning student.
- If your child was approved for an Optional or Choice transfer, and your "home" school does not show Grahamwood, do not worry! Just Register in Powerschool, enter information and we will take care of the rest.
- Please note that we are still in the process of approving requests and completing Optional testing. If you are still waiting for approval, go ahead and Register and we can take care of getting you pulled over later.
Please call the main office if you need your PowerSchool username and password.
A PowerSchool parent account is required for all new student (new to SCS, or Kindergarten) registration. Due to guidance from health officials to practice safe social distancing, we are allowing families to request a PowerSchool account by emailing:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com (Grahamwood staff) with the subject line "2021-22 New Student Registration."
- The email must contain a copy of the parent/guardian's valid driver's license or state-issued ID.
- Two approved proofs of residence must be submitted with the email, such as:
- - Current MLGW bill or municipal water bill
- - Lease/rental agreement
- - Mortgage statement/deed
- - Public assistance/government benefits
- - Real estate tax receipt
- - Shared residence verification can only be done in person
- The student's Birth Certificate must be submitted with the email. A social security card is also preferred, but not required.
- Record of required immunizations and physical must be submitted prior to school starting.
Are you a current Optional Program family?
Unlike in previous years where parents filled out a paper "renewal" and turned it in to the classroom teacher, parents may now submit their renewal through the Parent Portal – beginning January 15, 2021.
Log in to the parent portal using your parent/guardian account, select your student(s) and then fill out the form. Please note that the renewal application is required if you wish to continue in the Optional Program at Grahamwood next year.
Log on to the portal here: http://www.scsk12.org/registration/powerschoolparents.php
Once you have submitted your renewal application, it will be reviewed by the school (Optional students are required to maintain good grades - As and Bs only, conduct, and attendance).
Please email Dr. Hope or Mr. Johnson if you have any questions or concerns.
SCS DEVICE SUPPORT