NEW TO SCS
A PowerSchool parent account is required for all new student (new to SCS, or Kindergarten) registration. Due to the current District closure and guidance from health officials to practice safe social distancing, we are allowing families to request a PowerSchool account by emailing iChoose@scsk12.org
- Send an email to iChoose@scsk12.org (district office staff) OR firstname.lastname@example.org (Grahamwood staff) with the subject line "2020-21 New Student Registration."
- The email must contain a copy of the parent/guardian's valid driver's license or state-issued ID.
- Two approved proofs of residence must be submitted with the email, such as:
- - Current MLGW bill or municipal water bill
- - Lease/rental agreement
- - Mortgage statement/deed
- - Public assistance/government benefits
- - Real estate tax receipt
- - Shared residence verification can only be done in person and is not available at this time.
- The student's Birth Certificate must be submitted with the email. A social security card is also preferred, but not required.
- Record of required immunizations and physical must be submitted prior to school starting.
Once all required information is received, a member of the registration team will be in touch to verify and provide an access code to create your PowerSchool parent so you can complete registration for your new student online. Emails submitted without the required documents and a photo ID will not be processed. Additional information will be shared at a later date regarding in-person assistance for parents who are not able to email/upload documents online.
Please note, current SCS Pre-K students who will be entering Kindergarten are considered new students, so please follow the steps for new student registration.
Current SCS students are not required to register each year, but student information must be reviewed and verified each year. Parents can easily review and make updates to their student's information in PowerSchool.
- Home address, parent/guardian phone numbers & email addresses
- Emergency contact information
- Student health information
- Consent for photos & filming
- Personal data sharing preferences
If your child previously attended SCS, but his/her most recent school was not an SCS school, he/she is still considered a returning student. You will just have to make updates to their personal information using your PowerSchool parent account.
If your child was approved for an Optional or Choice transfer, and your "home" school does not show Grahamwood, do not worry! Just update your information and we will take care of the rest.
Please note that we are still in the process of approving requests and completing Optional testing. If you are still waiting for approval, go ahead and update your information and we can take care of getting you pulled over later.