Thank you to everyone who joined us for our annual Title I family meeting. You can find the recording and slides below!
Welcome back to the new school year! We are so glad that you are here with us. Please review the updated arrival and dismissal procedures below.
It is hard to believe that we are just days away from the new school year! Over the next few days, your child's teacher should be reaching out to introduce themselves, get you signed on to their class DOJO account, and to invite you to a special virtual teacher orientation (most of these will be held on Friday on TEAMS).
A few things to remember:
- Parents will not be permitted to walk their students to class on the first day. All students must enter through the carline.
- Due to COVID regulations, parents are no longer allowed to park and walk their students onto campus (this includes parking on Tutwiler, on Faxon, or at the gas station). Instead, all students must enter through the carline.
- Grades K-2 and all siblings (unless all siblings are in gardes 3-5) will enter and leave through the back drive only.
- Grades 3-5 will enter and leave through the front drive only.
- Students may not just be dropped off. Instead, parents must pull to a cone and wait for teacher direction to exit.
There are specific times for each grade for dismissal. Please read the following carefully so that you know your location and time.
We appreciate your cooperation as we work to ensure the continued safety of our community.
Congratulations to all our graduating 5th graders! We will miss you!
What a year it has been! We are so grateful that you have entrusted us with your students this year. It has definitely been one for the books!
We have lots going on in the next few weeks so please make sure that you watch Class DOJO, our Facebook Page, and our Website for all the details.
We will also post information about school supplies for 2021-2022, as well as summer reading lists (these will be for all students this year), by June 18.
Here are some important dates:
- June 3: Drawing for TN Ready participation
- June 3 & June 8: Registration Help at the school (come to the front): 4-6P
- June 8-10: Field Day (Virtual students may attend). 2 adults may attend per child (no siblings). Masks are required.
- June 11: 5th Grade Graduation (9-12) and Kindergarten Donuts and Diplomas (at 12:30). 5th graders are not required to attend this day; KK students get picked up at 12:30P
- June 14 (3:30-4:30) and June 16 (9-12): Device Drop Off days (drive through the front drive).
- June 16: Last day of school for students
- June 21: Camp Invention Begins
- June 28: Promotional Summer School Begins
- July 6: Summer Learning Academy Begins:
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT DEVICES:
Please note the following charges (this also applies to students keeping their devices for the summer):
Lost or damaged tablet (including cracked screen): $75
Lost or damaged keyboard: $60
Lost or damaged charger: $35
Lost or damaged hotspot: $30 (if the hotspot is returned without the charger, it is also $30)
Lost or damaged case: $14
If an item has been lost or STOLEN, you are REQUIRED to file a police report with MPD (if you do not, we will) and provide the police report number to the school immediately. You are, however, still responsible for the fees for all items that have been lost or stolen.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT TEXTBOOKS:
All 4th and 5th Grade students must return their textbooks to their teacher. Please see individual teachers for your drop off time/day.
We will also collect books during field days (bring to the entrance table) and between 9 and 12 on 6/16 (drive through the front drive).
If these items are lost or not returned, the following charges will be applied:
4th grade social studies book: $57.44
5th grade social studies book: $63.19
If you have any questions, please email Dr. Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Grahamwood Administration
Have you registered yet? Complete your online registered (required for all students this year) before June 5 to keep your device.Need help? New to SCS or Grahamwood? Come to the school between 4 and 6 p.m. on June 3 (this Thursday) for assistance. Please come to the front entrance to be temperature checked.Rising 6th Graders (leaving Grahamwood) should complete registration online or go to their zoned/approved school for assistance.
Do you have a rising 4th or 5th grader interested in applying to the Beta Club? The goal of the Beta Club at Grahamwood, to promote the ideals of academic achievement, character, service and leadership among elementary and secondary school students.
ACHIEVEMENT - Recognizing and honoring high academic achievement
CHARACTER - Preparing young people for life and empowering them to be successful
LEADERSHIP - Developing the leaders of tomorrow
SERVICE - Demonstrating our motto: Let Us Lead by Serving Others
Please join one of our interest meetings and submit the application below.
Please see below for important documents
It is that time of year again! Time to register for the next school year . . .
Current SCS students ARE required to register this year and registration opens on Monday, 4/12. Parents can easily do this in PowerSchool (this is the same place you registered this year, chose your learning option, and check grades).
Registration will include:
- Home address, parent/guardian phone numbers & email addresses
- Emergency contact information
- Student health information
- Consent for photos & filming
- Personal data sharing preferences
A few Notes:
- If your child previously attended SCS, but his/her most recent school was not an SCS school, he/she is still considered a returning student.
- If your child was approved for an Optional or Choice transfer, and your "home" school does not show Grahamwood, do not worry! Just Register in Powerschool, enter information and we will take care of the rest.
- Please note that we are still in the process of approving requests and completing Optional testing. If you are still waiting for approval, go ahead and Register and we can take care of getting you pulled over later.
Please call the main office if you need your PowerSchool username and password.
A PowerSchool parent account is required for all new student (new to SCS, or Kindergarten) registration. Due to guidance from health officials to practice safe social distancing, we are allowing families to request a PowerSchool account by emailing:
- Send an email to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org (Grahamwood staff) with the subject line "2021-22 New Student Registration."
- The email must contain a copy of the parent/guardian's valid driver's license or state-issued ID.
- Two approved proofs of residence must be submitted with the email, such as:
- - Current MLGW bill or municipal water bill
- - Lease/rental agreement
- - Mortgage statement/deed
- - Public assistance/government benefits
- - Real estate tax receipt
- - Shared residence verification can only be done in person
- The student's Birth Certificate must be submitted with the email. A social security card is also preferred, but not required.
- Record of required immunizations and physical must be submitted prior to school starting.
Are you a current Optional Program family?
Unlike in previous years where parents filled out a paper "renewal" and turned it in to the classroom teacher, parents may now submit their renewal through the Parent Portal – beginning January 15, 2021.
Log in to the parent portal using your parent/guardian account, select your student(s) and then fill out the form. Please note that the renewal application is required if you wish to continue in the Optional Program at Grahamwood next year.
Log on to the portal here: http://www.scsk12.org/registration/powerschoolparents.php
Once you have submitted your renewal application, it will be reviewed by the school (Optional students are required to maintain good grades - As and Bs only, conduct, and attendance).
Please email Dr. Hope or Mr. Johnson if you have any questions or concerns.
Quarantine Meals for Students
Beginning Monday, September 20, 2021, SCS Nutrition Services will provide free breakfast and lunch meals to students who are in quarantine due to a positive COVID-19 test or are deemed a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
The meals will be distributed through a touchless drive-thru process -- the same process used for bulk meal distribution -- at each location to prioritize safety. Parents MUST have their child's PowerSchool ID to receive the meals.
For more information on distribution and verification requirements, click HERE.
SCS DEVICE SUPPORT