Back to School 2022- Students in grades 1-5 return on Monday, August 8, 2022 (Kindergarten students will have staggered entry that week and so only attend one day).
Have a great summer, and we will see you soon!
Summer break is here! Check out our Required Summer Assignments. These assignments should be completed before the first day back in August. Some additional reminders:
- School devices should be handled with care over the summer months. Device support is available only for students taking summer courses with Summer School or SLA.
- SLA begins on June 13. Watch for an email from Dr. Hope, and a DOJO invitation, with more details.
- School Supply lists for 2022 are posted here.
Have a great, and safe, summer! We can't wait to see you in August!
2022-23 Registration Info
It is that time of year again! Time to register for the next school year . . .
Current MSCS students ARE required to register this year. Parents can easily do this in PowerSchool.
Registration will include:
- Home address, parent/guardian phone numbers & email addresses
- Emergency contact information
- Student health information
- Consent for photos & filming
- Personal data sharing preferences
A few Notes:
- If your child previously attended MSCS, but his/her most recent school was not an MSCS school, he/she is still considered a returning student.
- If your child was approved for an Optional or Choice transfer, and your "home" school does not show Grahamwood, do not worry! Just Register in Powerschool, enter information and we will take care of the rest.
- Please note that we are still in the process of approving requests and completing Optional testing. If you are still waiting for approval, go ahead and Register and we can take care of getting you pulled over later.
Please call the main office if you need your PowerSchool username and password.
A PowerSchool parent account is required for all new student (new to MSCS, or Kindergarten) registration. Due to guidance from health officials to practice safe social distancing, we are allowing families to request a PowerSchool account by emailing:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Grahamwood staff) with the subject line "2022-23 New Student Registration."
- The email must contain a copy of the parent/guardian's valid driver's license or state-issued ID.
- Two approved proofs of residence must be submitted with the email, such as:
- - Current MLGW bill or municipal water bill
- - Lease/rental agreement
- - Mortgage statement/deed
- - Public assistance/government benefits
- - Real estate tax receipt
- - Shared residence verification can only be done in person
- The student's Birth Certificate must be submitted with the email. A social security card is also preferred, but not required.
- Record of required immunizations and physical must be submitted prior to school starting.
3rd Grade Commitment
Here at Grahamwood, we are committed to Literacy! Learn more about the 3rd Grade Commitment here:
By building a solid foundation through reading, families, schools, and the community are coming TOGETHER to help children REIMAGINE 901. Learn more about the Third Grade Commitment (3GC), community partnerships, and how you can help our scholars succeed.
NEW: Approved Calendar for 2022-2023