Grahamwood Elementary is an exemplary, student-centered, diverse educational community located in the heart of Memphis. Traditionally one of the most requested and sought-after schools, Grahamwood is most known for its exceptional teaching staff, strong community support, and unparalleled parent involvement.
One of the things that makes Grahamwood unique is our dual program model. Our schools offers two high-quality educational programs so as to meet the needs of our diverse student population. Our Scholars (or neighborhood) program serves students traditionally zoned to us as well as K-5 students seeking an SCS Choice Transfer. Meanwhile, our Optional Program offers enriched academics and accelerated learning options to students across the county in grades 1-5. Optional Program admission is merit based (meaning that students must test in and score at the 80th percentile or above) and occurs as part of the SCS Optional Schools Application process.
OPTIONAL OPEN HOUSE
Want to learn more about our Optional (admissions-based) program? Join us for one of our Optional Open House sessions!
Optional Open House Coming Soon
Thursday January, 6 2022
Optional Open House Coming Soon Optional Open House Coming Soon
SCHOOL CHOICE OPEN HOUSE
Interested in our Scholars (neighborhood) or World Class Kindergarten program? Join us for our School Choice Open House!
Choice Open House Coming Soon
ACADEMIC PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Two programs (Optional, Neighborhood) designed to meet the needs of all students
- One of the largest elementary C.L.U.E. (gifted) programs in the district
- Project Based Learning
- Six National Board Certified Teachers
- 73 percent of our teachers have advanced degrees
- ESL Support
- Social Emotional Support and Guidance
- All Students participate in Encore Subjects for Music, Art, P.E, Library, Science, and Computer/Coding
- Award Winning Chess Club
- Primary and Competitive Cheer
- Afterschool Enrichment opportunities (Math Club, Yoga, Piano, Ballet, Gymnastics, Coding, STEM, Club Invention, Robotics, and more!)
- National Beta Club
- Spanish Club
Have questions? Want to set up a private (virtual) tour? Call or email us:
Principal Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org/901-416-5952
Dean of Optional Programming: email@example.com/901-416-5993
Assistant Principal Hope: firstname.lastname@example.org/901-416-5952