• Social Emotional Learning Resources


    As our District and community continue to cope with COVID-19, we recognize that many students and families are experiencing anxiety and a range of other emotions. Self-care and emotional self-regulation are especially important during these uncertain times, so the District is providing a variety of resources to support students and families.

    Included below are several videos and podcasts explaining the importance and impact of SEL and helpful strategies and activities families can use at home. A variety of SEL resources are also available on the CASEL website. CASEL is the Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning. Plus, SCS has launched two new support lines so students and parents can contact school social workers and counselors around the clock for resources and assistance with social emotional concerns.

    NEW Social Emotional Support Lines Available for Students & Families!


    Topics of Support:

    • How to get mental health support​
    • Where to find community resources
    • How to help your family
    • Expressing & coping with anxiety
    • Anger management
    • Signs of depression
    • Grief & loss
    • Substance abuse
    • Managing a child with ADHD
    • Mindfulness & Meditation

    NOTE: The MSCS support lines are intended primarily for general questions and non-emergency assistance. If you are experiencing a crisis, please contact one of the organizations listed below that provide crisis support.


    Local & Statewide Mental Health Support Organizations

    Youth Villages is the District's largest community partner for providing specialized crisis services staff for children and youth up to age 18. For assistance, call 901-251-5000, 901-252-7600 or 866-791-9226. Learn more by visiting the Youth Villages West Tennessee web page.

    The Statewide Crisis Line is available if you are experiencing a mental health or psychiatric emergency. Call 855-CRISIS-1 (855-274-7471).

    The TN REDLINE is available for referrals related to substance use disorder treatment and resources. Call 800-889-9789.

    The TDMHSAS Office of Consumer Affairs provides non-emergency mental health and substance abuse services. Call 800-560-5767.

    The SAMHSA National Helpline offers free, confidential treatment, referral and information services (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders. Call 800-662-HELP (4357).

Listen to Social Emotional Learning Podcasts

  • SEL Resources: The District's SEL team joins 88.5FM to explain what social emotional learning is and shares a variety of community resources available to support students and families. LISTEN

    Family Activities: The District's SEL team joins 88.5FM to share activities that families can do at home to support social emotional wellness. LISTEN