VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE, January 20, 2021, 5:30pm
Our final Virtual Open House was January 20, 2021, at 5:30pm. Prospective parents met Mr. Demster, our principal, and heard from a few parents and students about our amazing school and all that happens here at STEAM.
What makes our school unique-
- 2019 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award
- 2017 STEM Designation from the Tennessee Department of Education
- One of Only Ten Gold Star "Healthiest Schools" in the nation
- Every student takes a STEM class every day
- Accelerated programs available, i.e.,Russian, Spanish, physical science, and other virtual high school classes
- A/V for high school credit is now offered
- Extended Lab/STEM related field trips and Club activities twice a month
Student activities and Programs
- MOS Industry Certification
- STEAM-bassador leadership program
- Mentor leadership program
- Peer tutoring
We are here to assist you!
Call us at 416-4561 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about enrollment requirments and the Optional Application.
Our enrollment requirements are as follows:
- Grades of A’s and B’s, with no more than one C as a semester average, on most recent report card.
- Score at or above the 65th percentile on the FastBridge aReading and aMath assessments; score at or above the 65th percentile on the TCAP TNReady English Language Arts and TCAP TNReady Mathematics assessments; score at or above the 65th percentile on the spring NWEA MAP Growth Reading and Mathematics assessments; score at or above the 65th percentile on the Total Reading/Reading Composite and Total Mathematics/Mathematics Composite of an acceptable nationally normed achievement test. Acceptable tests must be dated Spring 2019 or later.
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, all acceptable tests must be dated Spring 2019 or later for the 2021-22 school year.
- Have conduct grades of satisfactory or above.
- Have satisfactory attendance (no more than 15 absences and/or tardies to school or to class).
Students can submit an Optional Application beginning January 26, 2021. Applications are processed in the order they are received. See the Optional Frequently Asked Questions document below for more details.