Please click this SURVEY LINK to add your name and email address to our prospective parent/student list.Maxine Smith STEAM Academy Enrollment requirements
All Students must have:
The Optional Application date is January 26, 2021, at 10:00am. The link will scroll on the Shelby County Schools website, http://www.scsk12.orgA valid email address will be required in order to submit the online application. Current SCS students are encouraged to use their PowerSchool student number. For non-SCS students, a social security number is requested. You will receive an email confirmation with the date and time of your application submission.
- grades of A’s and B’s, with no more than one C as a semester average, on most recent report card.
- Score at or above the 65th percentile on the FastBridge aReading and aMath assessments; score at or above the 65th percentile on the TCAP TNReady English Language Arts and TCAP TNReady Mathematics assessments; score at or above the 65th percentile on the spring NWEA MAP Growth Reading and Mathematics assessments; score at or above the 65th percentile on the Total Reading/Reading Composite and Total Mathematics/Mathematics Composite of an acceptable nationally normed achievement test. Acceptable tests must be dated Spring 2019 or later.
- (Due to COVID-19 pandemic, all acceptable tests must be dated Spring 2019 or later for the 2021-22 school year.)
- Have conduct grades of satisfactory or above.
- Have satisfactory attendance (no more than 15 absences and/or tardies to school or to class).
We are able to take between 120-125 sixth graders, 3 to 4 seventh graders and 3-4 eighth graders. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. However, we have certain priority categories-sibling preference and proximity zones. The optional office, 416-5338, can tell you if your address falls within that zone. Because we have more applications than available spaces, 20% of our available spaces are through a lottery selection.