Dual Enrollment is a program that allows high school students (usually sophomores, juniors, and seniors) to enroll in college courses for credit prior to high school graduation. It exposes students to rigorous classes that prepares them for college success, builds their confidence, and speeds their way to an affordable degree. Most classes are offered at a local college, after the regular school day or during the summer.
Dual Enrollment is usually open to a wide range of students. It is not only geared towards high achievers; some programs actually target students who need extra motivation.
TSAC (Tennessee Student Assistance Cooperation) covers the costs for eligible juniors and seniors. Admission requirements vary per college & per course.
Many college courses have prerequisites that must be met.How to enroll in a dual enrollment course? (Powerpoint)
Note: Students must apply for the TSAC Dual Enrollment Grant prior to each semester's deadline to receive the funds to cover the course. Remember this must be done each semester you are enrolled.
- First, choose a college and course with the course number by using the links below.
- Next, complete the online applications.
- Do not forget to complete the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant.
- Email Mrs. Brown-Malone once you have completed the registration at email@example.com
- Once you are accepted, you will receive an email with your college schedule from the MSCS dual department.
Every student must complete the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant.
- First, register by creating a log-in username and password.
- Log back in using your username and password.
- Answer the questions.
- Submit your application.
- September 15 - Fall Semester
- February 1 - Spring Semester
- May 15 - Summer Semester