- Submit a copy of the most recent comprehensive report card showing A’s and B’s, with no more than one C as a semester average in academic subjects and no D’s or F’s as a semester average in any subject.
- Score at or above the 80th percentile on the FastBridge aReading and aMath assessments; score at or above the 80th percentile on the TCAP TNReady English Language Arts and the TCAP TNReady Mathematics assessments; score at or above the 80th percentile on the NWEA MAP Growth Reading and NWEA MAP Growth Mathematics assessments (including MAP Growth Math 6+, Algebra I, Algebra II, or Geometry), a TCAP English and Mathematics End of Course test and/or another acceptable nationally normed achievement assessment, including the ACT (Reading and Math), PSAT or SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Mathematics) with the assessment being administered no more than one year prior to the date of application for Optional Schools.
- Have satisfactory conduct grades and attendance records, including promptness to school and to each class, with no more than 15 absences and/or tardies.
- Students are required to enroll in Honors courses beginning in grade nine and continuing through grade 12. Students are required to take all courses required for graduation at the Honors/AP level.
- Students who maintain the Optional renewal requirements for White Station Middle School will be accepted into White Station High School’s Optional Program on a continuation basis.
- To remain in the Optional Program, a student must maintain an average of C or above in each subject per semester. The entrance requirements for conduct and attendance must also be maintained.
- Final approval is contingent upon review of student’s second semester/final report card issued by June 16, 2021.
- Learn More: (901) 416-8893 | schools.scsk12.org/whitestation-hs
WSMS 8th Grade Parents,
Happy New Year to you and your families!
White Station High School will host its annual Optional School Open House Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 6 pm virtually via the below link. We hope you’ll join us as we share information about our rigorous college preparatory optional school program. Also, please feel free to share with anyone you think might want to learn more about WSHS. It is a “live” link accessible to anyone but it will not be active until that date/time.
This is a great opportunity whether you are 100% committed to being a Spartan throughout high school or whether you are still on the fence. We believe we are the best high school option around and want to show you why!
Have a fantastic rest of first semester and encourage your students to remain academically strong and focused, as these grades will determine their optional school standing and/or school choice options.