- APPLY ONLINE
Go to the college website to apply online or utilize the Common Application or the Black Common Application. The Class of 2021 will be applying for Fall 2021. You may be referred to as a first time freshman, undergraduate, bachelor’s degree (4 year degree), or associate degree (2 year school). Record the username and password for your online account. If you will be using a common application, please let your counselor know.
- Many college applications take less than 30 minutes to complete. Some applications will ask for a “personal statement” or a short essay. Others will ask for teacher recommendations. Follow the directions for each college.
- Do exactly what the application asks.
- Do Not include teacher recommendations if they are not required.
- Do Not include an essay if it is not part of an application.
- Most colleges require an application fee. Students may pay with a credit card on-line or you may send a check. Some colleges waive the application fee if you apply on-line or if you apply by a certain date. You will find this information on the college website or you may contact the college’s admissions office. Some colleges will accept a fee waiver letter from your counselor if you qualify. Every college handles the fee waivers differently. See your counselor about college fee waivers.
- REQUEST TRANSCRIPT
Upon completion of each college application, you must request a transcript to be submitted to the college/university to which you are
applying. Each transcript includes grades 9-12 and test scores (if available). Click RHS Transcript Request Form 20-21 to submit your transcript
- Transcript requests are fulfilled on Thursdays beginning September 3rd.
- FOLLOW – UP
Allow at least four weeks for the university to process your application. You may log into your on-line account to check the status of your application and whether your transcript has been received and if additional information is needed.
Additional College Application Information. Click links below.