Our in-person Summer Learning Academy and Summer School programs have been valuable opportunities to implement our COVID-19 protocols and cleanliness strategies in school buildings. As we gear up to RETURN STRONGER, today we’ll be sharing updates regarding these protocols for the upcoming school year. Following the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Academy of Pediatrics, the District’s Safeguard Team has developed the following safety practices:
MASKS (until further notice):
- Students and school-based staff will be required to wear masks on buses and indoors (in schools and wherever children are present), regardless of vaccination status.
- Employees are strongly encouraged to wear masks in administrative offices and required to wear masks in schools and wherever children are present.
- Playgrounds will reopen for students with social distancing to the extent possible.
- Outdoor recess and playground equipment will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Students will be encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands before and after using playground equipment.
FIELD TRIPS & ATHLETICS:
- Resume normal District-approved practices and processes relating to field trips following District COVID-19 guidance.
- School activities for employees and students including athletics (before, during, and after school) will resume, and participants will follow District COVID-19 guidance.
- Regular parent in-person meetings will resume, and participants will follow District COVID-19 guidance.
- Appointments are recommended.
Please review additional updates in the attached presentation, fast facts, and online at www.scsk12.org/returnstronger.
We will also be sharing these updates with employees, families, and media via text, email, and social media. Additionally, we will continue to monitor COVID-19 trends locally and nationally and adjust our protocols as needed.