The department promotes educational services and programs for all Brownsville Road's students with special education needs. The department is committed to systematic planning along with plan implementation, tracking, and accountability as a vehicle for providing the leadership necessary for fulfilling this purpose.
The Beliefs that Drive our Work
- Special education is not a place. It is the most intensive intervention along the continuum of service defined by individual need, services, and placement.
- Strong leadership at every level is the foundation of a collaborative and inclusive environment that supports ALL students.
- All students are general education students first. Every student can learn, demonstrate growth, and must have access to high quality, evidence-based instruction that maximizes their potential in the least restrictive environment.
- Educators are professionals, content experts, and the key to student success. They should be supported instructionally and professionally.
- All students can achieve educational success.