A PowerSchool parent account is required for all new student (new to MSCS, or Kindergarten) registration. Families may come to the school between 9 and 1 to request a PowerSchool account or by emailing the school secretary with the subject line "2023-23 New Student Registration. The following documents are required either way:
- A copy of the parent/guardian's valid driver's license or state-issued ID.
- Two approved proofs of residence must be submitted with the email, such as:
- - Current MLGW bill or municipal water bill
- - Lease/rental agreement
- - Mortgage statement/deed
- - Public assistance/government benefits
- - Real estate tax receipt
- - Shared residence verification can only be done in person
- The student's Birth Certificate must be submitted with the email. A social security card is also preferred, but not required.
- Record of required immunizations and physical must be submitted prior to school starting.
Once all required information is received, a member of the registration team will be in touch to verify and provide an access code to create your PowerSchool parent so you can complete registration for your new student online. Emails submitted without the required documents and a photo ID will not be processed. Additional information will be shared at a later date regarding in-person assistance for parents who are not able to email/upload documents online.
Please note, current MSCS Pre-K students who will be entering Kindergarten are considered new students, so please follow the steps for new student registration.
Current MSCS students ARE required to register this year. Parents can easily do this in PowerSchool.
Registration will include:
- Home address, parent/guardian phone numbers & email addresses
- Emergency contact information
- Student health information
- Consent for photos & filming
- Personal data sharing preferences
If your child previously attended MSCS, but his/her most recent school was not an MSCS school, he/she is still considered a returning student.
If your child was approved for a Choice transfer, and your "home" school does not show Shelby Oaks, do not worry! Just Register in Powerschool, enter information and we will take care of the rest.