Why Choose GHS?
- Germantown High is known for focus on preparing your child for post-graduation success.
- GHS's 2019-20 graduating class received $63 million in scholarship offers, making an average of $131,524 per student.
- GHS has state of the art Fine Arts facilities, including an award winning TV studio.
- Our 15 sports teams offer students a wide range of opportunities to participate.
- GHS offers over 50 clubs and honor societies.
Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA)
While fine arts classes are not reserved exclusively for those in the CAPA program, CAPA provides your child with the more direct access to these resources.
- The Fine Arts Department at Germantown High School has received national and international recognition for its superior work in the field of arts training.
- A special feature of the department is the multi-million dollar television studio located on the school campus. Students are actively involved in producing and directing the activities of their own local access station, GHS-TV.
- Graduates of the GHS Theatre and Communication Arts program include Saturday Night Live star Chris Parnell; Broadway actor Wes Day (Blue Man Group); film actress Missi Pyle (The Artist, Dodgeball, As Good As It Gets); TNT Documentarian David Bryant; promotions producer Jim Barrett (West Wing; ER); Emmy-winning casting director Scott Genkinger (NYPD Blue, Desperate Housewives); National Public Radio national correspondent Debbie Elliot; and Hollywood producer Martin Cutler (Eight Days A Week).
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Program is a rigorous, international K-12 curriculum.
- The IB program was developed to help diplomats and international business people guarantee the quality of their children's education. Germantown High is able to offer the same level of rigor and prestige to your child.
- Many of the most competitive universities offer advanced standing to students with an IB diploma.
- Besides being the preeminent college preparatory program in the world, IB actively promotes international understanding in all of its courses.