Student/Teacher/Parent Compact 2022-23
I want my child to achieve. Therefore, I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
- Support the school in its efforts to maintain proper discipline. This includes monitoring students during virtual classes (i.e. video, chat box, etc.)
- Establish a time for homework and review it regularly.
- Provide a quiet well-lit place for homework.
- Encourage my child’s efforts and be available for questions.
- Stay aware of what my child is learning checking and signin the AGENDA BOOK daily.
- I will volunteer my time at the school.
- Review progress reports/ report card(s), attend learning opportunities and Parent-Teacher Conferences (virtual and/or in-person).
- Read with my child daily and let my child see me read.
- Develop a partnership with the school to help my child achieve the State’s high standards.
- Discuss the school-parent compact with my child.
- Encourage my child to display positive school behavior at school.
- Encourage my child by being a positive role model.
- Monitor on-screen time and encourage positive use of my child’s extracurricular time by limiting the hours of television and time on devices.
- Provide a set bedtime that gives my child sufficient sleep to function at school.
- Actively participate at Northaven Pre-K-5 school and community programs by serving on committees such as the School Improvement Team, Parent Advisory Council, and PTO, I will become actively involved in the Community Association and try to improve conditions in the neighborhood.
- Read the Parent Handbook.
It is important that I work to the best of my ability. Therefore, I shall strive to do the following:
- Come to school on time with the necessary supplies/resources and ready to learn.
- Listen, follow directions, complete and return class work, projects and homework or extra practice assignments.
- Observe regular study hours.
- Respect others and follow the Student Rules of Conduct. Follow the SCS and Northaven school-wide expectations at all times.
- Set a goal to meet all academic and behavior expectations of Northaven Elementary.
- Take responsibility for my actions, show graded work/assignments to my parent/guardian along with notes from the school and show these materials and documents to my parent(s) caregiver(s).
It is important that students achieve. Therefore, I shall strive to do the following:
- Provide high quality, rigorous, grade level and differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students daily.
- Provide necessary assistance to parents so that they can help with assignments.
- Encourage students and parents by providing frequent information about student progress using a two-way communication system in addition to the weekly folder.
- Use special activities in the classroom to make learning enjoyable. Use a variety of grade appropriate resources to support learning.
- Read to students daily.
- Create and maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to learning for all students.
- Encourage students to take risks.
- Provide instruction that fosters high academics and expectations that encourages students to be the best they can be.
- Provide flexible meeting times for parent conferences and learning opportunities that includes virtual TEAM and phone conferences
- Commit to doing whatever it takes to ensure that all students make at least one year’s growth during this school year.
- Promote a warm inviting virtual and in-person classroom to students and parents with the freedom of volunteerism.
I support this form of parent involvement. Therefore, I shall strive to do the following:
- Provide common planning time for teachers in order to improve instruction and encourage collaboration.
- Provide an environment that allows for positive communication between the teacher, parent, and the student.
- Encourage teachers to regularly provide instructional activities that will encourage our students to think and problem solve.
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment (virtual and in-person)
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and all other appropriate stakeholders to create an environment that is conducive to learning.
- Provide a high quality instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the children to meet the State’s academic achievement standards.
- Support all personnel to ensure that the focus is on students learning.
- Provide flexible meeting times for parental involvement activities throughout the academic year (including virtual meetings)
- Provide parents with reasonable access to staff, volunteer, participate, and observe in their child’s class.
- Committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure all students make at least one year’s growth during this academic school year.