The mission of Hope Academy is to transform the mindsets of our students and create a culture of high character, redemption, achievement, and positivity in order to equip them with the tools to be productive and successful in an ever-changing society.
Hope Academy Philosophy
The Shelby County Juvenile Justice Center Court judges, Court Administrator, Detention Director, Counselors, teachers, and staff believe that ALL students can learn. Hope Academy is committed to providing a quality interim educational program that will allow each juvenile the opportunity to achieve a higher potential while being detained in the Juvenile Detention Center.
The objectives of Hope Academy are to:
- Allow youths enrolled in the Memphis-Shelby County School District an opportunity to keep current with their studies and facilitate their return to school when released.
- Give students an opportunity to succeed in their academics, which in turn can assist in improving self-esteem.
- Provide opportunities for students not enrolled in school to explore GED, survival skills, life skills, and career vocational opportunities, which will eventually land them employment.
- Comply with state and federal regulations that require all youths to attend school.
- Ensure the youth's right to be educated.