Welcome to Hope Academy
About Hope Academy
Hope Academy's mission is to transform the mindsets of our students and create a culture of high character, redemption, achievement and positivity in order to equip them with the tools to be productive and successful in an ever changing society.
The Shelby County Juvenile Justice Center Court judges, Court Administrator, Detention Director, Counselors, Teachers and staff believe that ALL students can learn. Hope Academy is committed to providing a quality interim educational program that will allow each juvenile the opportunity to achieve a higher potential while being detained in the Juvenile Detention Center.
Hope Academy is dedicated to:
- Allowing youths enrolled in the Memphis-Shelby County School District an opportunity to keep current with their studies and facilitate their return to school when released.
- Giving students an opportunity to succeed in their academics, which in turn can assist in improving self-esteem.
- Providing opportunities for students not enrolled in school to explore GED, survival skills, life skills, and career vocational opportunities, which will eventually land them employment.
- Complying with state and federal regulations that require all youths to attend school.
- Ensuring the youths' rights to be educated.