Choose Colonial Middle
A School Within A School
Colonial Middle School is a "dream" school that houses students in a culturally rich community surrounded by churches, community centers, shopping areas, businesses and homes. Being the home of the only Creative & Performing Arts Middle School, as well as the only Arts AND Academics school, is a plus for everyone in the building. Colonial students have traveled and performed all over the world, including Hawaii, Canada, Europe, including France, Rome, Germany and England, and as far as Beijing, China. They have competed in local, regional, national and international festivals and contests. Additionally, Colonial has hosted national and international entertainers, performers and stellar events.
School Spotlight Video
Enriched Academics (Honors)
CAPA (Creative & Performing Arts)
Track & Field
Girls And Pearls
National Junior Honor Society
Colonial's Mission, Vision & Beliefs
The Mission of Colonial Middle School is to create high levels of learning as the norm at each grade level through a creative and performing arts curriculum, which emphasizes good citizenship, collaboration, and results in a safe learning community.
Colonial Middle School provides an environment of cultural and creative diversity. All students, as lifelong learners, are challenged to develop the skills necessary to reach higher academic levels and to become productive citizens.
To achieve our mission and implement the district policies, the faculty and staff of Colonial Middle School believe:
1. All students can learn and will achieve academic success with highly qualified, educated, and caring educators and administrators.
2. Instructional planning must be data driven, realistic, aligned with the district and state standards, and continuously evaluated to ensure student learning and achievement.
3. Instructional strategies must be researched-based and varied to meet the diverse needs of all learners.
4. Instructional time must be maximized to produce high-quality student work and promote student-centered learning.
5. Assessment and evaluation techniques must be varied, research-based, and continually evaluated to support instructional modifications and promote individual student progress.
6. Character education programs should involve all stakeholders and be student-centered, promote academic achievement, and foster positive social interactions.
7. Effective decision-making and community collaboration are integral components of a successful school.
8. Effective communication for policy implementation is essential in keeping all stakeholders informed of school and/or district expectations, fostering a positive, physically safe, and respectful school climate/culture.
9. Technology integration at all grade levels and in all subject areas must address district and state standards/goals, which will lead to increased student achievement.
10. Student involvement and participation in the Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) curriculum fosters student goal setting, teamwork, and high expectations, while preparing students for local, national, and international competitions.
11. Student involvement and participation in athletics enhances their overall social interaction skills, develops their physical fitness regime, promotes sportsmanship, fosters a “team atmosphere,” and involves students in various athletic competitions.
Please feel free to contact me for any information about Colonial Middle School at firstname.lastname@example.org, 901-416-5247 (Office), 901-213-7457 (Mobile), 901-416-8980 (School Office). Come and be a part of our Patriots Team where Arts, Academics and Athletics work together to create student success!!