Choose Cordova Middle Optional School
School Spotlight Video
Cordova Middle Optional School provides a safe and challenging climate that enables all learners to experience high quality instruction by fostering collaborative interactions with each other and among all teachers who use research based instructional strategies to ensure all learners are College and Career Ready.
- A love for children and a belief in their abilities inspire high expectations and a passion for teaching and learning.
- Student self-assessment and goal setting is imperative for all students to become confident, self-motivated, and life-long learners.
- Student learning is the chief priority of our school and the primary focus of all educational decisions.
- A safe and supportive environment allows students to take risks while encouraging creativity, exploration, and achievement.
- Involvement of the family, community, and other stakeholders in shared decision- making is critical for educational success.
- A culturally diverse student body broadens awareness and respect for people of different backgrounds, and increases appreciation for dissimilar thinking.
STUDENT PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
Honors Courses:*Honors courses are offered for each grade level in each subject area.EnglishMathematicsScienceSocial StudiesHigh School Credits:Algebra ISpanish IPhysical ScienceC.L.U.E.Exploratory Courses:STEMVocal MusicOrchestraSpanishTheatreVisual ArtVolleyballFootballCheerleadersBoys' BasketballGirls' BasketballBaseballSoftballBoys' TrackGirls' Track
Contact us for more information:
Dr. Landy Tate - Optional Coordinator