Choose Vollentine Optional Elementary School!
School Spotlight VIDEO
Vollentine Elementary propels studens to become STARS - Scholars Tackling Academic Rigor Scientifically. Our variety of extracurricular activities and enrichment classes help students develop teamwork and social skills while expanding their interests and talents.
- 2018 Reward School
- 2015-2019 National Beta School of Merit
- Recipient of the St Jude after school STEM program
- Science exploration focus
- Full time Parent Engagement Specialist
- Fully equipped science lab
- Eight wirless mobile computer labs for classroom use
- CLUE for eligible students
- Team Read Tutoring Program for 2nd grade students
STUDENT PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
- Diamonds - 5th Grade Girls Mentoring Program
- JAGS - 5th Grade Boys Mentoring Program
- STEM Club
- Art Club
- Garden Club
- ELOP (Extended Learning Opportunities and Programs)
- Garden Club
- Literacy & Art Night
- Math & Science Night
2021-22 Entrance Requirements
- Kindergarten applicants must submit an original copy of birth certificate.
- First grade applicants must have satisfactory skills and behaviors and satisfactory grades in conduct on the most recent report card.
- First - fifth grade applicants must provide a copy of the most recent report card.
- Second - fifth grade applicants must have a C average or above in all academic subjects and satisfactory grades in special subjects and conduct on the most recent report card.
- All applicants must have satisfactory attendance, including promptness to school, with no more than 15 absences, tardies and/or early dismissals.
- To remain in the Optional Program, students must maintain all of the entrance requirements.
- Final approval is contingent upon review of student's second-semester/final report card issued by June 16, 2021.
Learn More: (901) 416-4632 | Vollentine Optional Elementary School