Register for Summer Learning Academy:
Kindergarten Classroom LibraryZoo BornMs. Mary MackBread Comes to LifeWhat about BearLLama llamaOliver's TreeA Tree for EveryoneHave Fun, Molly Lou MeloCome on RainAaron and Gaila's country bookThe Hittler Red PenMagician's HatMeet The Bar Barer'sWacky Wednesday1st Grade Classroom LibraryFeast for 10The Little Red PenThe Dotllama llama grandma and grandpaKittens First Full MoonClass PartyWhat is a Yurt?Helping me, Helping youKate Saves the DateMeerkat FamilyThe Foot BookCon Mi Herrmaro/ With my BrotherRoosters can't Cock-a-doodle-DooToure de Pada's Mother GooseOtis and the KittensGreen Eggs and HamWhat the Sun Sees2nd Grade Classroom LibraryBarack ObamaFreedom FightersAfrican AmericansRosa ParksMartin Luther King Jr.Ruth Bader GinsburgGeorge Washington Jr.Today I See SillyCorduray goes to schoolPapa, Please Get the Moon for MeGraveyards of DinosaurTwo at EverythingThe Story about Ruby BridgesThe Greedy TriangleIs a blue Whale the biggest thing there is?Punctuation CelebrationThe Princess is the Pizza3rd Grade Classroom LibraryEsperanza RisingCity SpiesGiraffe in a ZooA Tree for EmmyDog at the DoorWhale in WavesEverything you Need to Know about Frogs.How to Catch a MonsterThe Candy Corn ContestTrophy Kid4th Grade Classroom LibraryGuinea Pig GangA River of WordsCome on RainThe Whales Goes to BirminghamThe Hope ChestFrindleI SpyWhat is Happening to the BeachLizzy Logan Secon BananaThe Sister's GrimmSummer at the Sea MonsterMystery of the Stolen DiamondsMoney HungryLily and Miss Liberty5th Grade Classroom LibraryEsperanza RisingThe Stories Julian TellsCome Back BuddyOne Crazy SummerBecause of Winn-DixieTale of DespereauxMy Brother AbeWringerThings not SeeThe Lion, Witch and WardrobeDancing the FlamencoToo Many FrogsHard TimesMarsMr. Gilson Records
August 7, 2023
September 4, 2023
WHAT'S HAPPENING AT GETWELL ELEMENTARY!
LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENING AT GETWELL ELEMENTARY!Posted by Tyranny Williams on 1/22/2022
Important Links for Parents & Students
SCS does not discriminate in its programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, and disability/disability.
Getwell Elementary School
Parent and Family Engagement Plan
Getwell Elementary encourages parent and family involvement in all aspects of school life. Our parents and families jointly developed our Parent and Family Engagement Plan. Our school-level plan has set the expectation for all parent and family involvement. Our parents and family members will act as advisors, resource persons, and coordinators in the following areas:
- Attend school events and act as advisors.
- Serve on the site-based leadership team and SIP
- Use their talents and resources to improve both the instructional program and the day-to-day operations of the school.
- Become supporters and advocates of the school.
- Respond promptly and cooperatively to requests for feedback in the form of notes, conference requests, surveys and questionnaires.
Administrators, faculty, and staff will implement the Title I requirements of the guidelines set forth in the law, which include the following:
- Inform parents and family of Title I and our involvement
- Encourage parents and family to observe school programs and visit classrooms
- Provide parents and family with assessment results, progress reports, and other important student information
- Solicit feedback from parents and family
- Provide each parent with a copy of this Parent and Family Engagement Plan
- Helping parents and family on creatine in an appropriate home learning environment
To ensure that our parents are involved in the development and implementation of the school's programs, we will:
- Develop together with parents a school/parent and family engagement plan
- Make sure the parent-school compact describes how parents, family, students, teachers, and principal share equal responsibility for student success.
- Invite parents and family to an annual meeting to explain the components and requirements of Title I and inform parents of our school's participation in Title I
- Explain parents' rights to participate in school and encourage parent and family involvement
- Provide parents and family with flexible meetings at various times of the day to report on current events and hold parent/teacher conferences to discuss student progress
- Involve parents and family in an organized, continuous, and timely manner in the planning, review, and improvement of programs for parent-family engagement and parent-family engagement plan at the school level
- Provide parents and family with timely information about programs under parental involvement
- Provide parents and family with opportunities for regular meetings
- Provide parents and family with a description and explanation of the curriculum and forms of academic assessments used to measure progress and proficiency levels students are expected to meet
Note: The parent may also mean a guardian, a person who has legal custody of the child, or a person who has physical care giving authority to the child.
Reviewed August 2022