At Newberry Elementary, we seek to create a challenging learning environment that fosters high expectations for success through developmentally appropriate instruction that addresses the individual differences, learning styles, and needs of all students. Our school promotes a safe, orderly, caring and supportive environment, nurturing the whole child, where each student’s self-esteem is supported by positive relationships among all stakeholders who are actively involved in the preparation of their college and career ready futures.
We are a forward-thinking team, preparing all students for a rapidly changing world by teaching life skills while driving proficiency in literacy, numeracy, critical thinking, problem solving and technology. Newberry administrators, teachers, and staff hold these skills as the cornerstone for each child’s success. We promote academic excellence empowering all students with the foundation of success today ensuring their success in the future.
• All students can learn.
• A variety of research-based instructional strategies are provided to ensure all learner needs are met.
• Data results are used to drive instruction.
• Administrators, teachers, staff, parents, and the community share the responsibility of providing a safe instructional environment.
• Communication to all stakeholders through various forms of media will ensure continued high-performance.
• Excellence is not just an expectation, but also a goal to be pursued.
• Our students feel loved and successful in their endeavors.
• Students thrive as their daily learning opportunities incorporate the use of the latest technology.