Winridge Elementary School’s mission is to provide a structured environment that will prepare students to become college and career ready.
Winridge Elementary School, together with ALL stakeholders, will maintain a safe and high performing school where ALL students demonstrate good character, wellness, and academic proficiency.
This We Believe:
- Learning, not teaching, is the primary purpose of our school.
- Optimal learning occurs where students feel safe, where their physical and social needs are met, and where there is a climate of mutual respect.
- Involvement of all stakeholders and community members helps improve student achievement.
- School policies, procedures and expectations must be easily understood and effectively communicated.
- Proficiency for all learners is achieved through strong instructional programs taught by highly qualified teachers.
- Teacher collaboration around student learning improves the quality of instructional.
- Exceptional students must have access to programs and services tailored to their unique needs.
- Formal assessments of learning must be administered regularly to assess student progress.
- Students should be encouraged to consider attending college.