Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Anna Karpovich, English Language Development
Originally from Russia, I have been living and teaching in the US and abroad (in Ecuador) for over 20 years. I am excited about teaching the ELD course this year! Previously, I taught ESL, ELA, Civics, Humanities, Etymology, Russian and German languages.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE
The purpose and goals of this course are:
● To develop the English language skills involved in listening, speaking, reading, writing, viewing and presenting in a variety of contexts.
● To use language as a vehicle for thought, creativity, reflection, learning, self-expression and social interaction.
● To develop critical, creative and personal approaches to studying.
● To engage with texts and activities from a variety of cultures.
● To apply language arts concepts and skills to a variety of real-life contexts.