Choose Highland Oaks Middle School
School Spotlight VIDEO
School Choice Facts
QUICK FACTS ABOUT 2021-22 SCHOOL CHOICE
- Online school choice application opens 10 a.m. on January 26, 2021 @ www.scsk12.org
- One online process for ALL school choice applications, including General Choice and Optional Schools.
- Apply online anytime, anywhere using any device with Internet access.
- Must have a valid email address to apply; Parents will receive an email confirming date/time of application
- Parents of current SCS students should apply using their PowerSchool ID, which is the same as the student’s lunch number. Non-SCS students will use a Social Security Number.
- Students may apply for two General Choice options and/or two Optional schools.
- NO COMPUTER OR INTERNET? Visit a local public library or any location with free WiFi.
VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE
The mission of Highland Oaks Middle School is to equip students with the necessary skills to excel academically, socially, emotionally, and physically in order to set them on a path to be college and career ready.
We Provide the HOMe Court Advantage to our students by ensuring:
A nurturing, safe, school environment promotes optimal achievement.
Students' learning is the shared responsibility of all stakeholders: the administration, the teachers, the parents, the student, and the community.
Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process within the classroom and in extra-curricular activities.
Instruction that is student-centered, increases student success
Our stakeholders’ commitment to continuous improvement and recognition of achievement is imperative to ensure that our students become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners
STUDENT PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
- Honors ELA
- Honors Math
- STEM & Career Exploration
- National Junior Honor Society
- Beta Club
- Student Council
- Chess Club
- Science Club
- Basketball (Boys/Girls)
- Track (Boys/Girls)