Are you a ROCKET or do you have what it takes to be a ROCKET?
What does RESPECT mean to you? Well at Gordon it means…
Welcome to Gordon Achievement Academy where we provide students with a second chance. Our staff is committed to challenge, inspire and prepare all students .
Experince a learning community in action.
Discover the sucess and accomplishment that happen every day at Gordon Achievement Academy.
Virtual Open House
January 21, 2021 5:00 P.M.
January 22, 2021 12:00 noon
- Exemplary Award for Alternative Education
- RTI Recognition
- RTI B2 Recognition
Alternative school classrooms are warm, friendly and inviting with highly qualified and certified teachers.
Qualified Faculty & Staff
- Dedicated and Experienced
- Highly Professional
- All teacher are highly qualified
- TN Core/Common Core Curriculum
- TN Ready Assessment Preparation
- Standard K-5 Classes
- Exploratory Courses ( Art, Music, Phys. Education.)
- Support Classes
- Intervention/ Enrichment
- Bluford Reading Series for Middle School
Instructional Support Resources
- Professional School Counselor
- Behavior Specialist
- School Psychologist
- School Nurse
- Exceptional Children’s Services
- OIS-SCS Security Officer
Student Programs & Activities
- ART CLUB
- BLACK CARD VIP CLUB
- DANCE TEAM
- GARDENING CLUB
- HISTORY CLUB
- ORFF MUSIC/PIANO CLUB
- PEER TUTORING
- SCHOOL CHORUS
- SCIENCE CLUB
- SERVICE LEARNING
- SPELLING BEE
815 Breedlove Memphis, Tennessee 38107
PH: (901) 416-3212
FAX: (901) 416- 3214
School Hours: 8:15 - 3:15
School Choice Facts
Choice Schools are smaller and unique learning environments which allow parents to choose the best educational setting for their child’s academic and social needs.
- Pupil/Teacher Ratio is 15 to 1
- Emphasis on Academic Achievement and Differentiated Instruction
- Emphasis on Satisfactory Student Attendance
- Individualized Student Success Plan
- Behavior Specialist with complete Mental Health Team & Instructional Support Team
In Choice School settings; students receive greater benefits from their educational experience. All Faculty and Staff collaborate to develop academic plans and participating in our Gender Based mentoring programs. Behavior modification programs, interventions and follow-up services are provided to support sustain success.
The Success School Intervention Model is an award winning and nationally recognized educational alternative to the traditional school. Success Schools serve a dual purpose by serving students who are experiencing academic as well as behavioral challenges in the traditional school setting. Success Schools focus on educating the whole child by providing small non-punitive learning communities; creating schools within schools. We believe that every student deserves a chance to become successful. We don’t simply provide alternatives,